Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend, it's super yummy and so good for you! With brown rice, veggies and a light dressing...yum!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup roasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl combine rice, corn, red pepper, onions, cranberries, carrots and parsley.
- In a separate bowl blend garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour olive oil mixture over salad to evenly coat.
- Add roasted nuts, sunflower seeds and black pepper to taste.