Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had this at a graduation party that had a Spanish theme. It was fabulous served with chips. It's like a salsa but without all the fuss of canning. Enjoy!!
- 1 (11 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 jicama (chopped) or 2 cups water chestnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 sweet onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (leaves only)
- Mix all together in a large bowl.
- Let set at room temp for a few hours for flavors to blend.
I made this for my grandson's birthday party last weekend and it was so good. Used the mexican corn, 1 cup of chopped water chestnuts, mild salsa, fresh lime juice, and omitted the cilantro. Had to taste this with a few tortilla chips and it was addicting. :) Loved the crunch and fresh flavors. It does make quite a bit so if serving for a smaller or pot luck type gathering might want to halve the recipe. Made and reveiwed for Kitten's Recipe Tag Game.
This is delicious!I had been wanting some Jicama, love it, and the rest of the ingredients I had in my pantry except for the tomatoes. This goes with anything, or as is.It's very yummy! Thanks Sue for a winner! Made for KK's Green" forum event.
Delicious salad! I only used about 1/2 cup water chestnuts and omitted the cilantro, the addition of the salsa really adds so much flavor, thank you for sharing Sue, this was made for KK's Green event