Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For fun layer the salad in a large sundae dish. From Southern Living.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 0.5 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 (8 ounce) container French onion dip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (9 ounce) bag tortilla chips, divided
- 2 (5 ounce) packages mixed salad greens
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pico de gallo or 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced ripe black olives, drained
- chopped tomato
- Cook ground beef and pork in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and return to skillet. Stir in 3/4 cup water, onion soup-and-dip mix, and chili powder; reduce heat, and simmer 6 to 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl; mash with a fork just until slightly chunky. Stir in onion dip and lemon juice. Coarsely crush half of tortilla chips.
- Spread crushed chips evenly in 8 serving dishes; top with salad greens, meat mixture, and avocado mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup pico de gallo onto each salad, and sprinkle evenly with cheese and olives. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately with remaining half of chips.
This is very good. George Vreeland Hill