Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on a box of Heartland Pasta. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good.
- 16 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1⁄3 cup pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese, as desired
- Cook the rotini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic and onions.
- Add zucchini and peppers, cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, tomatoes with diced green chiles and olives, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens.
- Add rotini to vegetables.
- Mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.