Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from foodnetwork.com. Note that this originally called for a whole fish, so the cooking time may be off if you use fillets.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea bass fillets, Chilean
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thyme leaves, stripped from about 3 large sprigs and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon oil into a large roasting pan, reserving the rest of the oil.
- Lay the fish in the pan and holding the sliced side of the lemon half against your palm, squeeze the juice onto the fish.
- Slice the rest of the lemon. Lay the slices on the top of the fish and drizzle the rest of the oil on the outside of the fish.
- Place shallots, cilantro, and the thyme on top of the fillets.
- Roast until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F, about 20 minutes. (There will be some carryover cooking even after you remove fish from oven.).
- Let rest and transfer to a platter. Serve family style with whipped potatoes.