Recipe by AudiWhoLuvs2Cook
From the "Cooking Light" magazine. It complements any Mexican meal and is SO GOOD!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add corn to pan; cook 10 minutes or until corn starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in pan. Add onions; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in rice, cumin, and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, black pepper, salt, and diced tomatoes to pan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in reserved corn and beans.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and juice.