Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We make this every other sunday for our noon meal.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 frozen 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- sliced black olives (to garnish)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain meat well and return to pan.
- Stir in taco seasoning and chilies and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Spread ground beef mixture over the cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the meat and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 40 to 50 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice into wedges and garnish each wedge with a dollop of sour cream, a spoonful of salsa and a few olive slices.
Polly for some reason this didn't set for me. I had it in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes and it still would not set properly. Sorry about the review but its the best I can do.