Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This potato salad has plenty of appeal--it has a Mexican twist on it and can be made into a low fat salad by using fat-free ranch dressing and low fat cheese.
- 6 cups cooked cubed peeled potatoes (firm but soft)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, cheese beans, red pepper, celery, onions, and cilantro.
- In small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salsa, and salt. Pour over the potatoes; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.