Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cooked,peeled and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jicama (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onions with top
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup prepared chunky salsa
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, 1 1/2 cups cheese, red bell pepper, beans, celery, jicama, green onions, cilantro and salt.
- In small bowl, combine dressing and salsa; pour over potato mixture.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese; garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Beautiful, colorful salad. Very different from "traditional" potato salad. I left the skin on my potatoes, and didn't add jicama.