1/2 Photos of Fiesta Potato Pile
Spicy fried potatoes topped in salsa, cheese, and sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (for boiling potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 green onion, greens sliced thinly (optional for garnish)
- 1Boil potatoes in salted water until a knife can easily poke through them. Drain into a colander and let them steam off for about 5 minutes.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium to medium high heat and add potatoes.
- 3Add seasonings to potatoes and cook until they are golden brown and the skins are crispy. About 10 minutes.
- 4Plate potatoes and top with remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Potato Pile
Serving Size: 1 (895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.0
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 1658.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 23.3 g