Recipe by Rottmom
Pork tenderloin and baking potatoes prepared with green or red bell peppers and fajita seasoning mix spark this pork roast of tenderloin with zesty Mexican flavors. From the Ortega website, this is one of my favorites. To make it even easier, I actually cook it in the crock pot instead of the oven. Turns out moist and flavorful!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 small baking potatoes, quartered (I use B-size red potatoes)
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageortega fajita seasoning mix, Regular
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Line roasting pan or 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan with foil.
- PLACE tenderloin, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, oil and seasoning mix in large heavy-duty plastic bag; shake to coat. Place tenderloin in center of prepared pan. Arrange vegetables around tenderloin.
- BAKE, stirring vegetables halfway through, for 40 to 45 minutes or until tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 170°F and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.
- CROCK POT DIRECTIONS: Preheat your crock pot on low while chopping vegetables. Spray the inside of the pot with cooking spray, place the meat in the bottom then layer the veg's around it. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.