Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Ranch Contest Entry. Fiesta Pork Balls make a great appetizer for your party planning. Serve right out of the oven or keep warm in a slow cooker. I created this recipe to change up the everyday meatball appetizers I've been making throughout the years. Enjoy!
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb ground pork
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt (divided)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, Plus
- 2 tablespoons salsa, divided (mild or medium)
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese (4 cheese or Colby Jack Cheddar blend)
- 1 medium shallot, fine Diced (one medium or two small, about 2 TBSP)
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (you can use light if you're watching extra calories)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray large cookie sheet (with sides) with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, add ground pork, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup salsa, cheese, diced shallots, minced garlic 4oz or 1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 of the HVR seasoning mix (about 1 1/2 TBSP) Reserve remainder of the yogurt , salsa and seasoning packet for the dip.
- Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients. Form into 1oz balls (a good bite size, cocktail size) Place on prepared cookie sheet, put in the preheated oven on lower rack for 12-15 minutes, turn half way through cooking.
- While the Pork Balls are baking; mix togethr the sour cream, remainder of the greek yogurt (about 1/4 cup) the remaining HVR seasoning (about 1 1/2 TBSP) and the 2 TBSP of Salsa. Mix well and refrigerator.
- Remove Pork Balls from the oven and transfer to a platter (if eating right away) or place in a slow cooker on low (remember to occasionally stir gently if placing in a slow cooker) Set the bowl of dip on the side and enjoy!
Gotta love a good balls recipe.....can't wait to try it!