Another Rachael Ray recipe, from the FEB '10 issue of her magazine. I made this soon after I recieved the issue and LOVED it! So easy yet such bold delicious flavors. My BF was surprised how fast dinner was ready! I hope ya'll enjoy this as much as I did.
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 566.99 g boneless pork loin, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 473.18 ml frozen bell peppers, strips thawed and patted dry (or chop them yourself, that is what I plan to do.)
- 1 bunch scallion, green portions thinly sliced, white portions finely chopped
- 177.44 ml instant polenta
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 113.39 g monterey jack pepper cheese, cut into cubes
- 354.88 ml frozen corn, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 c water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat, swirling to coat the pan. Add the pork to the skillet in an even layer and season with the chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until just brown all over, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the pork and any juices to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the bell pepper and finely chopped scallions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk the polenta and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper into the boiling water and cook, whisking, for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to low, whisk in the cream, then stir the cheese; cover to keep warm.
- Add the corn to the bell pepper mixture and cook for 1 minute. Return the pork and any juices to the skillet and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in the sliced scallions. Serve with the polenta.