Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes a great healthy lunch or light dinner.
- 4 mini whole wheat pita bread
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa, divided
- 8 small ripe olives, pitted, sliced, divided
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat broiler.
- Halve pita rounds horizontally.
- Arrange cut-side up on rack set in broiler pan.
- Coat pita halves with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- Sprinkle each with 1 T Cheddar cheese and 1/4 t cumin; top with 2 T salsa.
- Add 1 T cheddar cheese, olives, scallions and cilantro.
- Broil 4 inches from heat source for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
I made this for a quick and easy lunch and it did not disappoint! It is very tasty and it really hit the spot! Thanks a lot!