Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Found this recipe in a Taste of Home Holiday collection. My family loves to have munchies during get togethers and this is a favorite. Cooking time listed is actually refridgeration time needed.
Top Review by nemokitty
Every time I make these, people can't stop eating them. I leave out the taco seasoning and salsa. My sister is coming to visit with her 2 daughters in May and guess what I'll be making for them!! Thanks for posting this one.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can black olives, chop & drain
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inch size)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning and garlic powder until well blended.
- Add in the olives, chiles, cheese and onions.
- Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture on each tortilla. Roll up jelly roll style.
- Refridgerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces. Serve with salsa.
- Pinwheels may be prepared ahead of time and frozen. Thaw in the refridgerator.