Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a southwestern dish that kids love.
Make and share this Fiesta! Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey (or combo)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans, drained
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, thin sliced and steamed til tender
- 4 -10 ounces canned green chilies or 4 -10 ounces frozen green chilies, depending on how much you like chile
- 7 ounces corn chips or 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 ounces grated cheddar cheese or 3 ounces monterey jack cheese or 3 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Saute the meat, onion, and sweet peppers.
- Add beans, and chile.
- Season with s& p to taste.
- Spray an 8x8 pan with Pam.
- Layer chips, potatoes, salsa, meat mix, cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spread sour cream and cilantro on top.