Recipe by Phy Susan
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This is a very versatile, delicious dish that can be used as a main entree or a appetizer dip. I created this recipe for my son as he loves Mexican food. We love to eat this dish with corn chips .
- 2 lbs Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces corn, drained
- 8 ounces black beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, chopped for topping (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag tortilla chips, for dipping if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chopmeat and drain. Mince the garlic cloves and red onion and set aside. Chop the red pepper and add to the chopmeat along with the garlic and red onion to saute for a few minutes. Add the packet of taco seasoning with 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in the corn and black beans into the pan. Put mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish and top with Simply Mashed Potatoes and bake for 30 minutes @ 350 degrees. Take it out when slightly bubbly and sprinkle 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the top. Bake until cheese is melted. If desired top with sliced jalapeños and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!