Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the St. Louis Junior League. Very easy and tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces tomatoes and green chilies
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- flour tortilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a baking dish with non stick spray.
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, cumin,salt and pepper. Simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream and cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the 3 tortillas.
- Layer in the baking dish tortilla, meat mixture then cheese. Repeat 2 more times.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- This can be garnished with diced tomato,chopped green onions, shredded lettuce, black olives or guacamole. I didn't use any garnishes and it was very good.
My brother in law loved this so much he mentions it every time I see him. I'm making it for him for his 50th b-day!
I forgot to defrost the ground beef so I made this with with leftover roast pork (minced) instead and it was just excellent (too bad my sons moved out last weekend.) Can't wait to try it with ground beef and invite them over.