Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Recipe from Kraft Food & Family Magazine and talk about zippy and packed full of flavor. Use your choice of heat on the salsa, we like it hot! Serve with mash potatoes, black beans and tossed green salad.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa, divided
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix all ingredients, reserve 1/4 cup each of the salsa and the cheese.
- Shape into oval loaf in a 13x9 baking dish, top with the remaining 1/4 cup salsa.
- Bake 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese; continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into eight slices to serve.
- **I also like this with Cornbread Stuffing Mix.
I loved this recipe, not hard to make but I added some of the cheese to the meatloaf mixture along with some of the salsa and it was great. As a matter of fact when my husband was eating it he asked if it had cheese in it and i said yes and he said this is really good. I am going to make it again next week.
This was pretty good, but admittedly a bit bland. I'd add some extra seasoning next time. Also, there's a typo in the recipe... Step two should read "Mis all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the salsa and cheese," not 1/3.