Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Fiesta Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, minced and divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup rice, uncooked
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 chipotle chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Combine beef, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 tablespoon cilantro, paprika, salt, pepper, eggs, and rice. Mix well and shape into 1-1/2-inch meat balls.
- Place in large baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine tomato sauce, broth, remaining onion, peppers, chili powder, and remaining garlic in blender jar.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Place tomato sauce in large skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over meat balls and bake covered at 350 degrees 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle w ith remaining cilantro.
- Serve hot.