Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a copy cat recipe that I have adapted for our family's liking. You can also substitute ranch mixed with the salsa (instead of the mayo mixture) to top your chicken before you cover with cheese.
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml tequila
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke
- 4.92 ml onion salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 59.14 ml fat free sour cream
- 29.58 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml picante sauce
- 2.46 ml cajun seasoning
- 0.25 ml dill weed
- 0.25 ml cumin
- 236.59 ml 2% cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Mix first 8 ingredients in gallon size baggie.
- Add chicken breasts to baggie.
- Marinate for 4 hours or more.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for cheese. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill chicken (or broil).
- Place on broiler pan then top with mayonaise mixture and 1/4 cup cheese per chicken breast.
- Broil on high until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve with corn chip strips.
- Weight Watchers-5 points/chicken breast with 1/4 cup cheese and mayo topping.
We enjoyed this chicken dish last night. We grilled the chicken on our indoor grill. The toppings did not really allow the marinade taste to come through the chicken as we had hoped. However, it was quite tasty and made a nice ending to our busy day. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.