Recipe by Texaspollock
This is a copy cat recipe that I have adapted for our family's liking. You can also substitute ranch mixed with the salsa (instead of the mayo mixture) to top your chicken before you cover with cheese.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We enjoyed this chicken dish last night. We grilled the chicken on our indoor grill. The toppings did not really allow the marinade taste to come through the chicken as we had hoped. However, it was quite tasty and made a nice ending to our busy day. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 dash dill weed
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 8 ingredients in gallon size baggie.
- Add chicken breasts to baggie.
- Marinate for 4 hours or more.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for cheese. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill chicken (or broil).
- Place on broiler pan then top with mayonaise mixture and 1/4 cup cheese per chicken breast.
- Broil on high until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve with corn chip strips.
- Weight Watchers-5 points/chicken breast with 1/4 cup cheese and mayo topping.