Prep1 hr 20 mins
Much like Applebees, I made a few changes to a recipe found on the internet.
Make and share this Fiesta Lime Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce (or a spicy marinade 1 lime)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (can use worcestershire sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mozarella, colby jack, etc)
- 2 cups lime flavored tortilla chips
- Prepare marinade: Mix together in bowl; water, teriyaki sauce, juice from 1/2 of lime, garlic, tequila (if desired), liquid smoke, salt and ginger.
- Marinate chicken breasts at least an hour in mixture.
- Prepare sauce: Mix together in bowl; mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, milk, cajun spice, parsley and hot sauce.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until needed.
- Broil or grill chicken chicken until cooked through.
- Brush tops of chicken breasts with sauce, sprinkle on cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- Cut remaining lime into 4ths.
- Serve chicken on tortilla chips with lime garnish.
- Great with rice!