Prep1 hr 20 mins
Much like Applebees, I made a few changes to a recipe found on the internet.
Make and share this Fiesta Lime Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce (or a spicy marinade 1 lime)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (can use worcestershire sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mozarella, colby jack, etc)
- 2 cups lime flavored tortilla chips
- Prepare marinade: Mix together in bowl; water, teriyaki sauce, juice from 1/2 of lime, garlic, tequila (if desired), liquid smoke, salt and ginger.
- Marinate chicken breasts at least an hour in mixture.
- Prepare sauce: Mix together in bowl; mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, milk, cajun spice, parsley and hot sauce.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until needed.
- Broil or grill chicken chicken until cooked through.
- Brush tops of chicken breasts with sauce, sprinkle on cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- Cut remaining lime into 4ths.
- Serve chicken on tortilla chips with lime garnish.
- Great with rice!
Just wanted to let you know that I used to work in the kitchen at Applebees & the 'Mexi-Ranch" Dressing they use to top the chicken is just ranch dressing mixed with salsa. I know you have another concoction that sounds good, but just thought I'd put that info out there for ya :) I didn't rate the dish because I haven't made it.
Delicious!!!! ...I am a fiesta lime chicken addict when it comes to Applebee's. I'll save so much money making at home... and it's a bazillion times better :D I also broiled the chicken with the sauce and cheese on top of the chips already so the cheese and sauce spilled and bubbled all over the crunchy chips. YUM! <br/> oh, and for a marinade I did a cheaters teriyaki sauce... I used 1/4 cup orange juice (I actually used the juice of two small clementines I had in the house) , 1/4 cup soya sauce, a sprinkle of ginger powder (optional) and a few slices of fresh garlic (or a sprinkle of garlic powder). Then I just added the juice of 1 lime, and about a cup (give or take) of water. Let the chicken breasts soak for a few hours.... or a few days :P And they are moist and flavour-full.
Delicious! Worth all the ingredients. Better than Applebee's !