1/1 Photo of Fiesta Lengua (Tongue)
V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
One of the best recipes I know that uses pork tongue. Beef tongue can also be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork tongue
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, cut into strips and fried
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup canned mushroom, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 1/4 cups tongue stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons oil
- 1Clean and wash tongues thoroughly.
- 2Blanch in boiling water.
- 3Scrape skin with the back of a knife.
- 4Boil in water and vinegar for 15 minutes.
- 5Discard liquid.
- 6Add water just enough to cover and boil to remove vinegar odor.
- 7Add salt and bay leaf and cook until tender.
- 8Remove tongues and reserve stock.
- 9Slice into serving portions.
- 10Marinate for 30 minutes.
- 11Reserve marinade.
- 12Heat oil or margarine in a medium pot.
- 13Add onions, mushrooms and tongue and sauté about 2 minutes.
- 14Add tomato sauce, catsup, marinade and tongue stock.
- 15Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 16Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 17Add potatoes and red pepper.
- 18Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Lengua (Tongue)
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.2
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 228.2 mg
- Sodium 1145.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: