Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A change from your normal lasagna. This recipe is great for a Mexican theme dinner or party.
- 1 lb sirloin (or Healthy Choice 96% Fat-Free ground beef)
- 1⁄2-1 packet lawry taco seasoning (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, white and part of green
- 6 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated (or use half reduced-fat Monterey Jack and half Cheddar)
- 9 slices thick lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups milk
- thick and chunky bottled salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Cook beef in a nonstick frying pan until nicely browned.
- Add taco seasoning, if desired.
- In a small bowl, blend beans with green onions and half of cheese.
- Pour 1/3 cup salsa on bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Place dry lasagna noodles on bottom.
- Cover with bean mixture and 2/3 cup salsa.
- Lay another three lasagna strips on top and sprinkle beef, the rest of the cheese and 1/3 cup salsa over them.
- Lay last three lasagna strips on top, then pour the remaining salsa (2/3 cup) evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 60 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Spread sour cream over the top and sprinkle with black olives if desired.