Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Found this in a TOH magazine and made it for dinner last night. I made this with very little changes to the original recipe but like the versatility of the recipe, being able to add or subtract ingredients as needed for any picky eaters. Easy to put together with a great blend of flavors and leftovers just as yummy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canmild chili beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, drain
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mexican sour cream
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In dutch oven brown the ground beef with onion and garlic until meat is cooked through, drain fat. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa, chilies and seasonings until well combined.
- In a bowl combine Monterey jack and mozzarella; set aside. Blend ricotta and Mexican sour cream in small bowl and set aside.
- In a 13 x 9 greased baking dish spread 1 cup of the meat sauce. Layer with 3 noodles. Top with 1/3 of ricotta blend, 1/3 cheese and half of the meat sauce. Top with next layer of noodles, 1/3 ricotta blend, 1/3 cheese and remaining meat mixture. Top with last 3 lasagna noodles, spread with remaining ricotta blend and cheese.
- Cover with foil that is lightly sprayed with non-stick. Dish will be very full (I placed my dish on a baking sheet to catch any dripping). Bake 1 hour at 350°F Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer until cheese is golden and bubbly. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.