Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Mix cocoa and flour in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar, milk, cloves, and 1 stick cinnamon.
- Heat just to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes (DO NOT boil).
- Remove from heat; remove cloves and cinnamon.
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat with molinillo, wire whisk or hand beater until foamy.
- Pour into 4 cups or mugs.
- Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon sticks.
This is very rich and chocolaty. I cut it down to one serving and used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa (what I had) and skim milk. I did think it could use a little more sugar but that could be due to the dark cocoa that I used (or just my super sweet tooth). Thanks for the recipe!
Very rich and tasty. I made it with soy milk, which did not work out well at all. But, when I added a little real milk the taste improved so much that I just KNOW that this would be perfect if made with real milk.