Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
Found this delicious recipe in an insert from ol' Elsie Borden. It was stuck inside a cookbook, the recipes dated to 1994! Love the sour cream/taco seasoning combination tucked in between the beans and the avocado spread!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomato
- sliced green onion
- sliced green olives
- sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine refried beans and chilies and spread on large serving plate.
- Combine sour cream and taco seasoning, spoon over bean mixture.
- In small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon or lime juice and seasoning salts, then spread over top of sour cream mixture.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with cheese, tomatoes, green onions and olives, then serve with taco chips.
- Makes 12 to 15 servings.