Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
These start with sugar cookie mix and the recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 17 1⁄2 ounces sugar cookie mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60 Hershey's Hugs chocolates (white and chocolate-striped candy, unwrapped)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter and chocolate on High 1 minute. Stir; microwave on High 1 minute longer or until butter is melted and chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Stir condensed milk into chocolate mixture. Stir in cookie mix and cinnamon until well blended.
- Using 1 level tablespoonful of dough for each cookie, shape into 60 balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until edges lose their shiny look (do not overbake).
- Immediately press 1 kiss into center of each cookie. Cool cookies on cookie sheet 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets.
- To get kiss to spread slightly on top of cookie, tap edge of each cookie lightly.
- Cool completely. Store covered at room temperature.
These turned out so delicious. I will be making them again. I used cocoa & butter as a substitute for the unsweetened chocolate and found the mix to be a little too sticky to form balls properly. So I found a sugar cookie recipe and added a bit of all the dry ingredients in proportion to that recipe and it worked out fine.
I just made a batch of these and they are fabulous! Easy to make, special-looking, and they taste amazing. Highly recommend!
Mine weren't too rich they were wonderful. Hugs work best, we tried other kisses and they didn't work as good.