Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: These spicy, crispy, sassy fritters will become the star of the meal with a bold mix of flavors and textures. Makes enough to serve a crowd!
- 566.99 g bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 236.59 ml corn kernel
- 236.59 ml black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml taco seasoning
- 59.14 ml cornmeal
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 473.18-709.77 ml canola oil (for frying)
- salsa (optional)
- In a large bowl, fold together potatoes, corn, black beans, eggs, green onions, taco seasoning, corn meal, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Form fritter mixture into golf-ball sized fritters and set on lined baking sheet.
- Chill fritters in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or cast-iron pan, heat oil until hot enough for frying, about 375 degrees.
- Fry fritters in batches until golden brown and cooked through (about 2 minutes each side), and drain on paper towels.
- Serve as a side dish, or with salsa as an appetizer.
Wow these look great! and they taste great too!!
Everything they were promised to be! I served them as an appetizer at a casual dinner party (chili was the main course) and they were perfect. A definite keeper!