Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and delicious way to make fish appealing to those reluctant to eat anything with fins. For those of us who love fish, this recipe is a winner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod or 1 1⁄2 lbs sea bass or 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper or 1 1⁄2 lbs other firm fleshed fish
- 1 cup salsa, hot or mild
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1 avocado, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease one 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Rinse fish fillets under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lay fillets side by side in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the salsa over the top, and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Top with the crushed corn chips.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork.
- Serve topped with sliced avocado, tomatoes, cilantro and sour cream.
What a deliciously different way to serve fish! Ole! I used red snapper and followed the recipe exactly as written. It's colorful, combines textures and flavors in a pleasing way, and it's quick and easy, too. A real winner. Thanks for sharing, Geema.