2 hrs 10 mins
Happy Hippie's Note:
This roast beef recipe is from reynoldskitchens.com It is baked in an oven cooking bag, which makes quick and easy work of getting dinner on the table, and cleanup is a breeze. These cooking bags and the crockpot are my favorite methods for cooking roast beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 oven cooking bag, large size
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, medium chunky
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 -3 1/2 lbs beef eye round, boneless
- 7 medium carrots, diagonally sliced
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 bell pepper, cut in strips (yellow or green)
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Shake flour in oven cooking bag; place in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 3Add salsa and garlic. Squeeze cooking bag to blend in flour.
- 4Place roast in oven bag; turn oven bag to coat roast with salsa.
- 5Arrange potatoes, carrots, onion and pepper in cooking bag around roast.
- 6Close cooking bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2–inch slits in top.
- 7Bake 2 to 2 1/2 hours until roast is tender and meat thermometer reads 145°F
- 8Let stand in oven bag 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Eye of Round Roast
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 676.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 54.8 g