Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
All your favorite Mexican flavors in a super simple quiche. My DH calls this one the meat pie! Not such an appealing name...I know!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 eggs or 3⁄4 cup egg, substitute
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell
- Dinner Kit:.
- Combine onions and meat in a large freezer bag, knead to combine. Seal; squeeze out as much air as you can.
- In a large freezer bag combine remaining ingredients, minus the crust, smoosh around to combine. Seal; squeeze out as much air as possible.
- Lay the 2 bags in the pie shell, it will overlap, this is fine. Place these items into a large freezer bag, carefully. It will fit! Print the recipe or write the number on the bag. Seal and freeze.
- To cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw completely. The egg mixture will look a little funny but have no fear! It will come out great! shake it a bit to combine again.
- Brown meat and onions, drain. Remove from heat to cool just a bit.
- Combine the two mixtures and pour into the pie shell.
- Place on a cookie sheet and put into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the quiche is set.
- Remove from oven let it cool and set.
We had this quiche for breakfast before church and again for lunch after church! The flavors are great and it's easy to put together. This quiche would make a fantastic brunch entree; just add some sliced melon or fresh strawberries and enjoy!