Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
From an Old El Paso Pamplet.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 (10 1/3 ounce) box Taco Bell home originals taco dinner kit (o)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (8 medium)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook ground turkey over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in seasoning mix from dinner kit and water. Cook as directed on box.
- Pour 1 can of the enchilada sauce into baking dish.
- Break taco shells from kit in half; layer half of the shells over sauce, overlapping if necessary. Top with turkey, onions and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Layer remaining shells over cheese. Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over shells, coating well.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil; sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over top. Bake uncovered about 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Top individual servings with lettuce, sour cream and salsa from kit.
This was wonderful. I added black olives at the end and we ate the whole casserole in 2 meals. My husband loved it as well :) THANK YOU looney.