Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great starter recipe. Very tasty and great for the yeast free diet that I follow. From here, you can add anything you can think of: uts, herbs and even unsweetened salted salsa.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked beans (garbanzo, lima, blacked i-eyed peas, kidney)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb
- 1 teaspoon toasted nuts
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Place entire egg -- including shell -- in a muffin tin. Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Puree the cook beans as well as their liquid for five (5) seconds in a blender. Consistency of this should be chunky.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Scoop beans into heat-proof dish. Remove egg from oven when it's done. Place beans in oven for approximately seven (7) to ten (10).
- Remove beans from oven, scoop egg from shell. Season if desired.