Recipe by JustJanS
A good brunch or weekend supper dish.
Top Review by Mirj
Oh wow, was this good! I'm Somersizing right now, so I can't have corn or flour, so I left it out, but the dish was wonderful without it. I also left out the milk and upped the sour cream to 1 1/2 cups (diet rules again). I actually had some fresh poached salmon in the fridge, so I flaked that up and used about 2 cups worth. I was worried that without the flour the dish would be a little runny, so I just added some more cheese, which melded wonderfully with the sour cream and the eggs. Great breakfast or lunch dish!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (I use light)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (225 g) can salmon, drained,de-boned,flaked
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (225 g) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a 33x23x5cm baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, add the sour cream, milk, salsa, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fold in the salmon, cheddar cheese, corn and onion.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the extra cheese over the top.
- Bake until set and lightly golden brown (approx 45-60 minutes).