Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
a great casserole dish that can be served at breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup hot chunky salsa
- 4 ounces cubed processed cheese
- 10 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- in a skillet, slowly brown sausage, bell peppers, and onions. Spoon sausage-onion mixture onto paper towels, drain and set aside.
- Dry skillet with more paper towels, pour tomatoes, green chilies, salsa and processed cheese in skillet and cook, stirring constantly, only until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, salt, sour cream and milk and fold in sausage mixture, and tomato-cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 7x11 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until center is set.
I made this for dinner the other night. Very easy to put together and really flavorful. Used Rotel for the tomatoes and sweet Italian sausage. Added just a bit more cheese. I had to bake it for about an hour to get the middle set. Very filling!
This was a nice and filling egg casserole! A little spicy and just enough cheese. I left out the onion and used all green pepper as it's what I had on hand. Mine took about 15 more minutes to bake for the center to be set. We enjoyed this dish - thanks for posting the recipe!