Recipe by NorthwestGal
This is a recipe I found on the cooksrecipes.com website, from their World Cuisine folder. It's different than the only other recipe on this site with the same title, so I thought I'd post it here for another option for anyone looking for a Tex-Mex breakfast idea.
Top Review by twissis
Made for your 2014 Wk 17 Football Pool win, I halved this recipe to make 3 omelet-style servings for DH, his brother & I for a weekend brunch. Served w/salsa & a dollop of sour cream, they were super good & a trip down Dallas memory lane that we take often here. I used the opt bacon (prob more than stated by the recipe for the guys), but left out the green chilies. They are often hard to find here & I think of them more as a Southwest US (Santa Fe or Albuquerque) flavor vs Tex-Mex anyway. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. The guys were esp glad I lost the pool this wk. :-)
- 12 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 113.39 g can green chilies, diced
- 6 slice bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
- 177.44 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 177.44 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, cream and salt in medium bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; cook onion, bell pepper and mushrooms until tender.
- Add the chiles, bacon (if using), and egg mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally until eggs begin to set. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese over eggs. Cover, and continue to cook until eggs are set and fully cooked.