Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Serve with chips or over tamales, be creative! Very easy, great for potluck! Great over fritos ala Frito Pie in the Bag.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 1⁄4 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 canned jalapeno chiles, finely chopped (to taste)
- Brown the beef in a large skillet.
- Drain the fat and add onion, soups, and enchilada sauce.
- Stir until well blended and add cheese, slowly allowing to melt before adding more.
- Add chiles and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 4-5 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a slow-cooker or chafing dish and serve!
Delicious! we had this with your Frito Pie in the Bag and with the leftovers we topped a bean and cheese burrito nad it tasted great. I used green chili enchilada sauce and not quite so many jalapenos. Thanks Mommy Makes for a great recipe. Bullwinkle.
Made this for my Bunko Party! Girls loved it! Made exactly the way the recipe called for. Was spicey but delicious. This dip would also be great on fritos. Thanks for the recipe.
I cut the recipe in half (using 1 can of cream of chicken soup) and canned green chiles instead of the jalapenos to make it kid-friendly. My husband really liked the full flavor the enchilada sauce gave it. I think it would be great as a sauce on a wet burrito too. Delicious, thanks!