Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fat-free, healthy, crunchy, spicy - and sooo easy! This is so good as a salad to accompany Mexican food - but it does pack a peppy punch of its own.
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped (not peeled)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Toss together all ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Cover and chill at least half an hour before serving (I like it to sit in the refrigerator overnight, stirring occasionally.).
This was a wonderful refreshing salad we enjoyed for dinner tonight. The only change I made was to use fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar and I used 3 fresh tomatoes(large) instead of stewed ones. I didn't use any garlic in this. This recipe is a keeper!! Thanks again!
I made this recipe as is and it is 5 stars and more. I then added some jicama that I had and more salt. Next time I will look for a kitchen sink to throw in because this salad will be delicious with just about anything. Those that are reading reviews before pulling out a bowl to fill up, don't hesitate as this salad rocks. Except, don't make this if you are not into "color".
I will refrain from a star rating, because I changed the recipe. I really like the idea here, but I tried to make it without cilantro, because we don't care for it. And the result was a bland dish. I will try again with more varied seasonings. Serve with quinoa w/taco seasoning on the side to add protein.