Fat-free, healthy, crunchy, spicy - and sooo easy! This is so good as a salad to accompany Mexican food - but it does pack a peppy punch of its own.
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped (not peeled)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Toss together all ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Cover and chill at least half an hour before serving (I like it to sit in the refrigerator overnight, stirring occasionally.).