Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
First place winning recipe in the Feisty with Flavor Challenge by Farrah Tuttle
- 1 cup dry corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons red monkey spicy stone ground mustard seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup drained canned corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 10 -12 corn husks
sweet and spicy infused butter
- 4 tablespoons room temperature salted butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon red monkey spicy ground mustard seasoning
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Fiesta Cornbread - Directions: Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 2. Soak corn husks in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, Red Monkey Spicy Ground Mustard Seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt. In a small bowl, stir together egg, milk and vegetable oil. Combine egg mixture into dry ingredients. Lastly add corn, cheese, red peppers, and jalapeno pepper and combine.
- 4. Remove corn husks from water and pat dry. Lay one corn husk flat with the bottom (small side) towards you and put 1/4-1/3 cup of cornbread mixture on one side of corn husk, fold over bottom 1-2 inches. From left to right roll the husk until the mixture is covered. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 5. Place filled corn husks directly on oiled grill grate. Turn after 7-8 minutes and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- 6. Sweet and Spicy Infused Butter - Directions: Mix all ingredients together and serve with Fiesta Cornbread.
By far one of the best corn breads I've tasted. Served it up at a halloween party to great success.