Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everytime I serve this its a hit, I have used regular pinto beans and added my own chilies, and I used blacked eyed peas/with jalapeno instead of the pinto beans.
- 1 (9 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans with jalapeno peppers, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake the cornbread using package directions. Let stand until cool.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and dressing mix in a bowl; mix well.
- Toss the tomatoes, bell pepper, and green onions in a bowl.
- Crumble 1/2 of the cornbread into a large salad bowl or rectangular cake pan. Layer with 1 can of the pinto beans, 1/2 of the tomato mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and 1 can of the corn. Spread with 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients. Chill, covered for two hours.