lou ann peters's Note:
Everytime I serve this its a hit, I have used regular pinto beans and added my own chilies, and I used blacked eyed peas/with jalapeno instead of the pinto beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans with jalapeno peppers, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Prepare and bake the cornbread using package directions. Let stand until cool.
- 2Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and dressing mix in a bowl; mix well.
- 3Toss the tomatoes, bell pepper, and green onions in a bowl.
- 4Crumble 1/2 of the cornbread into a large salad bowl or rectangular cake pan. Layer with 1 can of the pinto beans, 1/2 of the tomato mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and 1 can of the corn. Spread with 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients. Chill, covered for two hours.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Cornbread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 628.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix
pinto beans with jalapeno peppers