Recipe by Starrynews
I tried and very much enjoyed Curried Corn Salad With Tomato, which I make regularly now. I decided to play around with it to come up with some other fun variations of it. Since I love Tex-Mex style food, I threw together this one. Another serving variation I use is to dice the tomatoes up and mix them into the salad, and then serve it all over greens. But it is really nice-looking served over a full tomato slice. I've been using frozen corn right now since that is all I have access to, but I am excited to try it with fresh as soon as I can!
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 8 tomatoes, slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, and lime juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Prepare a skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium-low heat. Add corn, green pepper, and sweet onion and saute until corn is warmed through.
- Remove from heat and let cool before adding avocado.
- Add corn mixture to the bowl containing the mayo mixture and combine well, until vegetables are well-coated.
- Serve a scoop on top of each slice of tomato, garnishing with the cilantro or parsley.