Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I tried and very much enjoyed Curried Corn Salad With Tomato, which I make regularly now. I decided to play around with it to come up with some other fun variations of it. Since I love Tex-Mex style food, I threw together this one. Another serving variation I use is to dice the tomatoes up and mix them into the salad, and then serve it all over greens. But it is really nice-looking served over a full tomato slice. I've been using frozen corn right now since that is all I have access to, but I am excited to try it with fresh as soon as I can!
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 8 tomatoes, slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, and lime juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Prepare a skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium-low heat. Add corn, green pepper, and sweet onion and saute until corn is warmed through.
- Remove from heat and let cool before adding avocado.
- Add corn mixture to the bowl containing the mayo mixture and combine well, until vegetables are well-coated.
- Serve a scoop on top of each slice of tomato, garnishing with the cilantro or parsley.
I enjoyed this salad, and since it was just me I chopped the tomato up and added it in. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2012 by the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys!
This was very good. I make many corn salads with black beans and similar flavors, but haven't made one mayo based. A few changes I made. I did use roasted corn, my were 8 for a a buck at the market so why not. Otherwise I would use frozen. I have my own Mexican blend, but similar to Taco seasoning. I did add orange pepper because I had 1/2 of one which added some nice color and I stuffed mine, only because it for a a dinner party so I cut large tomatoes in half scooped out some of the pulp and then stuffed. And I would just use slices for me or a casual dinner. I did use cilantro. I will definitely make this again. Nice salad!
I made enough for myself and and added cherry tomatoes. I used a yellow pepper and parsley instead of cilantro. Fresh, flavorful, and very tasty! Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012.