Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really good recipe found on Del Monte Fiesta Corn. but with a little added.
Make and share this Fiesta Corn Bake Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, dip
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cansdel monte Mexican-style corn
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 chopped onion
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- seasoning, of your choice for meat
- Season meat.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion till thouroughly cooked.
- Drain meat and set aside.
- Stir together dip, flour, and sugar.
- Add corn to mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Add ground beef to mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 375°F.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle the finely shredded cheese.
- Put back in oven till cheese is completely melted about 6 minutes.
This was very good, but I tweaked it a little. I didn't have fiesta corn, so I just used regular canned corn. Instead of flour and sugar, I used 3 T of gluten free cornbread mix. I used 1lb ground beef, 1/4lb italian sausage, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1 can of corn, 1/4 chopped onion, 1/2 cup sour cream. For the ground beef seasoning, I used zesty vegetable seasoning with a dash of french fry seasoning. My DH said this was great except, too much corn. Just the right amoung of zing for us. It was a little mushy and could probably use something with it for crunch. I will definitely make this again.