Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very colorful and so good. This is my version of a recipe from the Gringo Cantina.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, canned, diced
- smoky paprika
- Cook the corn according to package directions.
- In a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; melt the margarine.
- Add the onion and bell peppers.
- Saute gently, do not let the onion brown.
- Drain the corn and return it to the sauce pan.
- Add the onions and peppers to the corn.
- Add the chilies; and warm through.
- Sprinkle with Smoky Paprika and serve.
Very delicious recipe! However, it was really crying out for some basic seasonings to give it a little punch. As the dish was cooking, I sprinkled in some greek seasoning, salt, and pepper. And at the end, I crumbled in 4 pieces of bacon I fried earlier. Will keep in the regular rotation! Thanks!
Great side dish. Directions for my non stick cookware advises not to use non stick spray on them and the recipe is fine without that step.
Very good side dish...really enjoyed it, plus was quick to put together...a keeper...thanks for sharing.