Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
A fun-looking butter cookie recipe from the Kellogg's Cookbook.
- 2 cups Fruit Loops cereal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the Froot Loops on a flat surface and cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin, crush to fine crumbs. Do not mix the crumbs, as you want them to transfer variegated color to the cookies.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl of a standing electric mixer and beat until light. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the reserved flour mixture.
- Working with a piece at a time, shape the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Carefully roll each ball into the crushed Froot Loops.
- Place the coated cookies on an ungreated cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 14 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and transfer immediately to cooling racks.