Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tangy salad great for a side vegetable or eat with tortilla chips as an appetizer. A thoughtful dish for your vegetarian or low carb guests.
- 6 cups lettuce (washed and shredded)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (washed and finely diced)
- 4 roma tomatoes (washed and finely diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (washed and diced)
- 1 avocado (finely diced)
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Wash and finely dice cilantro, tomatoes, green onion, and avocado.
- Wash and shred lettuce.
- Mix all the vegetables together in a bowl.
- Add the fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- The salad will not turn brown for a few days, so make use of it in several ways. Three of our favorites are: as a side salad, with tortilla chips as an appetizer, and atop our fajitas or tacos. The lime camouflages the tomato and avocado enough so that my children will eat these healthy vegetables.