This 30-minute meal is both quick and hearty! From Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed nacho cheese soup
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Combine flour and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning in a heavy-duty zip-loc plactic bag; add chicken.
- 2Seal and shake to coat.
- 3Cook chicken in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat, stirring often, 4 minutes or until browned.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-high; add onion and garlic; saute 5 more minutes.
- 5Stir in remaining fajita seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, green chiles, water, brown rice and olives.
- 6Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Remove lid and stir in nacho cheese soup, chopped cilantro, and lime juice.
- 8Serve with breadsticks and garnished with additional fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 319.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nacho cheese soup