Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This 30-minute meal is both quick and hearty! From Southern Living magazine.
Make and share this Fiesta Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) canwhole mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed nacho cheese soup
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine flour and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning in a heavy-duty zip-loc plactic bag; add chicken.
- Seal and shake to coat.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat, stirring often, 4 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; add onion and garlic; saute 5 more minutes.
- Stir in remaining fajita seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, green chiles, water, brown rice and olives.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in nacho cheese soup, chopped cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve with breadsticks and garnished with additional fresh cilantro.