This is a quick meal and sort of like a pizza made with a corn bread crust. It makes two and is yummy. It makes a good Sunday night meal or great for the sports fan to munch on while cheering for their favorite team. This is a good recipe to use any Chili you have made and put in the freezer or you can use the canned.
CORN BREAD CRUST
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn niblets (or Mexican-style corn, drained )
- 2 (9 ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 3⁄4 cups homemade chili (or a 15-ounce can of chili)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion (use tops too)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced drained pitted ripe olives
- sour cream (optional)
- CORN BREAD CRUST:.
- Coat two 10-inch round baking pans lightly with oil and line bottoms with cooking parchment.
- Combine the muffin mix, corn, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Spoon half of batter into each of the pans.
- Bake for 20 min; cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert each crust onto a serving platter.
- Heat the Chili in a saucepan over medium heat till hot.
- Spread the Chili evenly over the prepared crusts.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and ripe olives.
- Garnish with sour cream.
- Cut into 8 wedges.