1/14 Photos of Fiesta Chicken With Jalapeno Cilantro Creme
Susie D's Note:
This flavorful dish is quick to prepare and perfect for busy nights. Serve with Mexican flavored side dishes or items such as scalloped potatoes and a green salad. This is an entry for RSC #8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (plain)
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- olive oil, used as needed
Jalapeno Cilantro Cream
- 1Mix all ingredients for the jalapeno cilantro crème together in small bowl. Stir until combined. Chill until time to serve to let the flavors blend.
- 2Butterfly chicken breasts & open. Set aside.
- 3Mix egg, 1 T water, & 1 T sour cream till well blended and smooth.
- 4In shallow dish mix breadcrumbs, cornmeal, and spices together.
- 5Heat non stick skillet over med heat and add oil to just barely cover the bottom of the pan. More oil may be needed as the chicken cooks and the breading crisps.
- 6Dip butterflied chicken breasts into the egg mixture, then into the cornmeal spice mixture. Turn to coat. Firmly press on chicken breast with the heel of your hand while in the breading mix to flatten as much as possible and to adhere coating. Repeat on second side. The chicken should be as even in thickness as possible.
- 7Place chicken breasts into heated pan , fry until golden on first side- approx 4 minutes. Turn over and pan fry the other side until golden, approx 3 minutes more depending on thickness of chicken. Remove when done.
- 8Serve with jalapeno cilantro crème on top or alongside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Chicken With Jalapeno Cilantro Creme
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.5 mg
- Sodium 782.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 33.0 g